I tagged it (much like a cowboy tags his cattle).
Herding it into del.icio.us, I felt like I would never lose touch with it again, because now I have this destination for all of my favorites. It is like a prettier, smarter version of the Favorites tab. I like going to the link on my link bar and seeing how many others have tagged the same sites I have.I wonder (but I am pretty sure she does) if the 3rd grade teacher that created the site (just a teacher's web page for her class) of which I spoke earlier in this post knows that 250 other people have tagged her site. That's cool. (For those of you who want to go there, I guess I will share... Beth Newingham) That is more than Texas Education Agency at 233. Google has over 24, ooo. I felt kinda silly tagging Google. That's like tagging a purple cow. Google could never get lost like beth did.
This tool would be marvelous for research assistance. You could create a tag or two that relate to your main idea and then tag all info found using those words. Then when you come back to the computer there are all of you sites( OR ANY COMPUTER FOR THAT MATTER!! This is the biggest plus about these kinds of tools. I can access my de.lici.us account from ANYWHERE. My Favorites are only on my PC)
Teachers and Librarians can create networks across the campus or district and share links that are important. Instead of Emailing a cool site, we could access our delicious account and share via a permanent list that we can all access anytime anywhere.
I think this is one of my favorite things. Why did the song from The Sound of Music just pop in my head. Great! I'll be singing this in my head till I fall asleep. Goodnight.

No comments:
Post a Comment