Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rollyo, Rollyo, Wherefore art thou Rollyo Thing 17

I have been tinkering with Rollyo. I played around by creating searchrolls that focused on some of my inerests like raising toddlers, good books, cooking food and teaching kids. I liked how this cuts out a few steps in a web session during research. In my mind I was beginning to get a clue. Then I wandered over to Bruce's 23Things Project.

Good thing, because he recently created a video that explains Rollyo better than anyone ever could. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THIS BE ADDED TO THE LIST OF REQUIRED MATERIAL FOR THIS THING.

I knew Rollyo's uses, but I wasn't sold on it as something Earth shatteringly useful. Now I see that it is. In my classroom, we research ALL OF THE TIME. SO, this will keep those searches clean and tidy and very easy for kids in 4th grade to access. I can create rolls for seperate assignments. I am too excited. Thanks Bruce! You saved Rollyo from going by the wayside with me.

1 comment:

LauraAnn said...

Susanna,
I keep forgetting that you are an elementary-age teacher. 4th grade? My sister, a fellow blogger, teaches 5th grade in a small district outside of Ft. Worth. Have I already mentioned this to you? Sorry if I am repeating myself... Anyway, if you haven't already, you might want to check out her blog - frogntoad on the learn2play bloglist. She is always glad to find other elementary people out there!

SJ Thinker

personalized greetings

AVATAR

Yahoo! Avatars